The Chicagoland Business Leadership Network (CBLN) helps businesses in the greater Chicagoland area drive performance by leveraging disability inclusion in the workplace, supply chain and marketplace.
The CBLN was relaunched by the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce Foundation in late 2014 with the help of a generous grant from the Searle Funds at the Chicago Community Trust.
Today, the CBLN is a business-to-business employer-led initiative offering education, training, networking and access to resources to organizations in the Chicago area in an effort to change attitudes and address concerns of businesses so that they learn how to proactively include people with disabilities.
What We Do
The CBLN serves small, midsize, and large employers, supporting businesses through:
- Education: Workshops/seminars, including the annual Disability Inclusion Opportunity Summit, a full-day conference.
- Access to Resources: Connecting employers to an untapped talent pool and tools to gauge and improve performance, like the Disability Equality Index©.
- Networking: Enabling businesses to share best practices for disability inclusion, get updates on recent developments and work collaboratively on common issues.
Who We Are
The CBLN is currently governed by a Board of Directors, comprised of local leaders from CBLN member businesses who have a passion for helping people with disabilities enter the workforce.
- Nancy Nauheimer, Northern Trust (Chair)
- Stephen Cornejo-Garcia, Allstate
- Paulette Jagers, BMO Harris
- Ann Kisting, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Kent Klaus, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Maggie Curcio, Discover Financial Services
- Bruce Zaccanti, EY
- Mike Santay, Grant Thornton
- Scott Hoesman, inQUEST Consulting, LLC
- Mitch Manassa, KPMG LLP
- Anne Edmonds, Manpower
In addition, a Community Advisory Committee is being formed, which will provide guidance and consultation to help the CBLN Board of Directors achieve its goals. The Committee will also provide advice, technical assistance, training information and other resources to facilitate increasing the number of businesses that successfully recruit, hire and retain workers with disabilities, thereby increasing the number of persons with disabilities gainfully employed throughout the Chicagoland area.
Our Strategic Partners
The CBLN is an affiliate of the USBLN©, the collective voice of nearly 50 Business Leadership Network affiliates across the United States, representing over 5,000 businesses.
The Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce Foundation is the fiscal agent for the CBLN, and provides staffing, offices and other resources. The Chamber Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization, so partnership and sponsor contributions to the CBLN are tax deductible (businesses are encouraged to check with their tax preparer for additional information).